Over Time Spending Charts out of Proportion

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Report a Bug
This is the 6 month spending chart:

If you look at the last TWO MONTHS, it looks like I spent about 1/10th of the money in September than i did in August.

However, in  September I spent more than 1/3 of what I spent in August.  The September bar should be higher or the August bar should be lower.

Judging from the key on the left side of the chart, the problem may be that here the low mark on spending is $600 as opposed to zero, so it doesn't display spending below $600, essentially subtracting that from the chart.

Here are the values for august and September from the same chart:

If someone can resize those pictures here to fit better (it's been done before), please feel free, i don't have easy access to do that.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I apologize that you're seeing a scaling issue with the Spending Report in Simplifi. 

I am also seeing the same issue when viewing the Spending Report 'Over time' when broken down "By none" when multiple months are being viewed in the graph. It appears that the 'stacked' viewing option on the right starts the scale at $0, however, selecting the 'side by side' viewing option on the left (which is what you have selected in your screenshot) starts the scale at a different $ amount -- in my case, I am seeing a starting point of $1800. 

Since the Report is broken down "By none", the ‘stacked’ versus ‘side by side’ viewing options don’t apply, and the Report should just be giving a total for each month. Therefore the different viewing options should not change the starting $ point on the scale, and I do see that this is causing a visual misrepresentation. 

I went ahead and got this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. In the meantime, you may consider using the 'stacked' viewing option, as this seems to appropriately represent the spending between months in the graph.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13802
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank You.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

It looks like a fix for this issue is expected with the 3.67.0 Web Release, so please be sure to let us know if you're still seeing an issue after that time. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before you posted, I had already noticed (I believe) the change in "Early Access" when I was looking early this a.m.  Very happy this is fixed, thank you.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.