How do I close a manual account?

Options
BobbyInCO
BobbyInCO Member
edited October 2022 in Report a Bug
I have a checking account and a credit card account that I was tracking manually and have closed in real life. When I attempt to do this on the web or on the mobile app, I get a generic error and the accounts do not close. This appears to only be the case with manual accounts and tracked accounts close successfully.

How do I mark a manual account as closed?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I have at least four manual accounts that are marked closed.  I did this from settings->accounts and under the account I closed it.  I most recently did this within the last month or two.

I don't mean to suggest that you're not getting an error,  I'm just saying this did work recently.

Rob Wilkens

• BobbyInCO
    Options
    Thanks. I tried that on a couple manual accounts, both checking and credit card. After I hit "confirm" from the prompt after selecting "Mark account as closed", it pops up an error and says to try again later. It worked fine with an account I had just closed that was not manual.

I just noticed that there is a known defect for closing a manual investment account. I wonder if it's more account types than just an investment type.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they get that reported as a problem if it's a problem (which it sounds like).  @Coach Natalie usually answers these things, but i think with the Jewish Holiday they're probably off today and maybe tomorrow.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.