Advanced Tag Filters using AND based filters or OR based filters (edited)

Options
nicola
nicola Unconfirmed, Member
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests

It would be helpful to use the tag filter options to either filter using AND based filters or OR based filters. For instance, I tried to reconcile the budget after a vacation with my husband by tagging transaction with both (vacation and X Paid) or (vacation and Y paid). When I use the current 'advanced' filter options, and select vacation / Y paid...then any transaction with EITHER of those tags shows up. There should be a way to filter to transactions with BOTH tags.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I third this idea. I was looking for something like this when reconciling my Christmas purchases.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd like to search for transactions that have two specific tags. The way filtering works now, if I choose two tags to filter on, it'll show me all the transactions that have either one (or both) of the tags. While I can see that that would be useful sometimes, I'd also like to be able to search for transactions with both of the tags I specify.

Thanks!

• BudgetNerd
    BudgetNerd Member
    Options

Any update on this @Coach Natalie? This seems pretty easy to implement. Referring to your inquiry, below. New user from Mint here.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

We also want to be able to search with NOT - show me transactions that do not have a specific tag.