Web App Performance Issues

Options
pivy
pivy Member
edited November 2022 in Feedback
Over the last few months the web app has become very slow to respond. Anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds to respond to a mouse click. Lousy experience. What's going on?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @pivy,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior on the Simplifi Web App. 

To clarify, what specific actions are you taking in Simplifi where you're seeing a slow response? Is it when editing a transaction, adding a new transaction, navigating to different pages, etc.? Also, have you imported at least 3 years of transactions as discussed here, by chance? If so, the performance problems are a known issue and our Product Team is aware and working on a solution. 

If you haven't imported historical data, I'd suggest attempting to use Simplifi from a different browser, as well as in incognito mode. If the performance issues clear up when doing so, the delayed response you're experiencing may be browser-specific, in which case we'd recommend clearing your cache and cookies.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • dfaulkner
    Options
    Same here. I'm a new user, still in my trial period. I'm experiencing slowness in both the web app and the iOS app. I've tried two browsers (Safari and Firefox) on my Mac, with similar performance in both.

The app is slow to respond to clicks and navigation. Sometimes it's slow enough that the UI response interferes with what I'm trying to do. In one case, I've accidentally clicked save on something I was working on and I had to go find it and fix it.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @dfaulkner,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing latency issues with Simplifi.

As requested above, please describe the specific actions you're taking in Simplifi when experiencing the latency, such as editing a transaction, adding a new transaction, navigating to different pages, etc. Also, have you imported at least 3 years of transactions as discussed here, by chance? If not, I'd suggest trying in incognito or private mode with the Simplifi Web App to see if the issues are still present. You may also consider clearing the cache and cookies of the browser you primarily use to see if doing so helps to clear things up.

When it comes to delayed touch response on the Mobile App, sadly, this is a known issue that our Product Team is actively working to resolve. We have a post available here where other users describe the same type of behavior. Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling the Mobile App as an attempt to get things running more smoothly, we'll have to wait for the changes that the Team is implementing to resolve these issues. It looks like some updates were made as of the 3.23.0 Mobile Release, however, they're still working on making some additional updates. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.