Will the investment transactions in spending plan fix be retroactive?

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Using the Spending Plan
@Coach Natalie

R.E. https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1522/resolved-3-12-21-investment-data-is-being-included-in-the-spending-plan

Will this fix be retroactive for August and September?  A bit disconcerting seeing this in my monthly summary :wink:

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DannyB,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with Investment Transactions in the Spending Plan.

To clarify, the Alert that you provided above is really old, occurred before Investment Transactions were a thing (it's referring to investing data), and is also resolved and archived. The current issue that we're seeing is Investment Transactions showing as Income in the Spending Plan and Reports: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3875/new-9-29-22-investment-transactions-are-showing-as-income-in-reports-and-the-spending-plan/p1?new=1

Is this what you're seeing? If so, the fix for the issue should remove all Investment Transactions from any Spending Plan or Report calculations, and should definitely be retroactive. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DannyB,

Thanks for posting back! "Really old" for an Alert lol. :wink:

If I'm understanding correctly, in the 2nd screenshot above where you filtered the accounts, you selected all of your non-investment accounts, correct? If so, I'd say that you're most likely being impacted by the above-referenced issue where Investment Transactions are showing as income in the Spending Plan and Reports. With the Spending Report specifically, income will show as negative since it's negative spending, so this would seem to make sense when viewing your first screenshot.

At any rate, the issue with Investment Transactions showing as income has an expected fix version of 3.66.0, which should be released this week. Let's wait for the release, and then please be sure to let me know if you're still seeing an issue.

Also, just to clarify, at this time, Investment Transactions should not be included in Reports or the Spending Plan at all. The ability to include/ignore Investment Transactions in Reports and the Spending Plan will become available at some point in the future, however, this ability is not available currently. 

Please let me know how it goes once 3.66.0 is released!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ☺️🤪😏 OK, @Coach Natalie now that you brought it to my attention I see that indeed that was an old post (though if 18 months ago is “really old” at 844 months I’m positively prehistoric! 🤣).  Not sure how I even came across it now… Anyway, in the screen shot below, you can see that my August and September expenses are way off from prior months.  What seems to be happening is the data from my investment accounts are being included with my normal income and spending and thus throwing off the numbers in these reports.  Haven’t seen anyone post on this so it may be something I’m doing or not doing to inadvertently bring investment transactions into my monthly spending plan.  Unless this is by design?

On the other hand… let me try something… OK, I have to go into the filter menu and select the specific accounts to include in the report resulting in the second screenshot below. That leaves me with the same question or feature request for the net worth graph… being able to select and have stay selected the accounts to be included in the expense report.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.