Connectivity to APMEX?

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited November 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
This discussion was created from comments split from: Add 'Precious Metals' as an Investment Account Type (edited).

Comments

• TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Along these same lines, I see that you've added APMEX to the Accounts list marked as Beta. I am guessing it's test connectivity with them? I do see to total of my holdings but no transactions. If I log into APMEX, I do see a list of my holdings, and the current value.  Is it expected that the APMEX connectivity will eventually download transactions and value data from them?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @TommyMac,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're missing Investment Transactions from APMEX.

It looks like APMEX is currently supported in Simplifi, as I do see them listed as available to connect to. To clarify, do you have Early Access enabled to where you'd be able to see Investment Transactions? If so, how old are the missing transactions? Most banks will only provide 90 days worth of transactions, however, some may be less. If the transactions themselves are older, they may not download, however, you should still be able to see your holdings and market value in the Investments section.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I have early access enabled and I have made purchases as recent as a few days ago. I see no transactions at all.

Thanks
  • TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    And yes, I do see that value of the items (Silver and Gold) in the investments section, just not the purchases in the register.  The purchase price does not show in investments however for the Silver, it shows quantity (as shares not coins/bars) and value though. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @TommyMac,

Thanks for confirming!

Please provide us with a few example transactions that are missing in Simplifi with the Date, Ticker Symbol (if applicable), Type, and Amount, so we can check for them on our end and determine if they're not being downloaded, or if they're just not being input into Simplifi.

Also, just to clarify, the Investments section will only show your holdings/cash, with the number of shares, the price per share, the total value, and the change rates; you won't see a cost basis or anything along those lines here. As far as I'm aware, Simplifi has no way to differentiate that the type of holding is silver and will show your holdings as shares instead of coins or bars. With that said, are the values showing correctly here? 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.