Bug: Calendar is Wrong and Inconsistent

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Report a Bug
The calendar has the wrong *and inconsistent* start day of week, this is not an 'idea' it is a bug report.

What is being shown is NOT a valid calendar for the USA.

I get that you have an international audience, but unless you want to write off the USA as a source of customers, I suggest this gets fixed.

Please fix it.

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additional information - the locale should inform the start day of week - https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000338932&type=1 -- this is what the developers should be using to set the calendars.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Unfortunately, since this is by design, we won't be able to report it as a bug. I agree that the date picker calendars should have a Sunday start date to match US calendars, and am not sure why Monday was chosen (although we do have a Feature Request here for a Monday start date, so some users seem to prefer Monday). 

Also, just to clarify, Simplifi is a local product and we actually don't provide support outside of the US. Again, I'm not sure why Monday was chosen, however, I don't think the Product Team is going for a UK design, as mentioned here. At any rate, I did pass your feedback (and my own) along to the Product Team in hopes that this can be changed. 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, I think you’ll find most appointment/calendar/day timer type personal organizers are set up with Monday as the first day of the week here in the US.  In Simplifi the calendar I actually use is on the Coming soon/Cash flow page and that one has Sunday as first day of week.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, every calendar in the u.s. i have ever seen is sunday to saturday.  Simplifi is the only different one.

If i schedule a transaction at chase, my bank, sunday is 1st day.  If i go to google calendar, month view, it has sunday 1st day of week.  The decorative paper calendar in my kitchen has sunday 1st day of week.  I could keep going here.

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    @RobWilk...where in Simplifi do I see that Monday is the first day of the week?  This has me confused.   Thanks Clark.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @Clark Any date-picker.  For example, go to recurring, on the transaction try to edit the date and you'll see this:

[edited image to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @Coach Natalie The 'feature request' you mentioned had netted one vote, probably the original poster.  My post to make it Suday has 5 times as many votes right now.

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @RobWilk. Thanks.  I see you are using the web version.  I am using the android tablet version, and I don't see that starting on Monday. I vote for starting the week on Sunday too. Clark
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clark Thanks.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's worth putting the voting link in this message chain, and @Coach Natalie maybe this should be merged now that you don't consider it a bug--  https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3405/sunday-start-day-for-calendars-ability-to-set-a-custom-start-day-edited

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    withdrawn
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    The date pickers have Monday, those are the wrong ones.  That's where you select a date to enter a date.

Also your book is not a whole month calendar, it is a one-week calendar.   Whole-month calendars ALWAYS have sunday as the start of the week.  Those planners are designed that way because fewer notes are needed on the weekend for businessfolk.  Those are not calendar, they are planners.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.