Linked transaction now balance wrong

Options
micwise
micwise Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Troubleshooting
I manually linked a transaction and now the balance shown is wrong.  It looks like it subtracted the transaction twice as it the balance shown is less that exact amount that what it really is.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @micwise,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a balance mismatch in Simplifi.

To clarify, is this occurring on a manual account or a connected account? Also, would you mind clarifying what you mean by "linked", i.e. linked a transaction to a Recurring Reminder, merged a manual transaction with a downloaded transaction, etc.? 

If the account is connected to the bank, the balance will be provided by the bank directly. When something like this occurs on a connected account, we suggest simply signing out and signing back into Simplifi, as doing so should clear up any balance discrepancies and make the balance match what the bank is providing. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • micwise
    micwise Member ✭✭
    Options
    The balance is correct now.  This is a connected account.  It was a recurring reminder that did not automatically link to the appropriate transaction so I manually linked it. Before the link, the balance was correct.  After the link, the balance reflected a lower balance.  The difference was the amount of the transaction.  It's as if when I linked the recurring reminder to the transaction it subtracted the amount again.  I logged out and back into Simplifi several times.  That did not correct the issue.  I logged back in just now and the balance is now correct.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Thanks for confirming the details, @micwise!

Sounds like there was a temporary glitch. I'm glad to hear that the balance is now correct! 🥳

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.