"In the past balances" still wrong on "cash flow" chart

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Report a Bug
This was supposedly fixed, it looked right for my checking account from what I can tell.

But for example, on one savings account it is showing a balance on oct. 20 over $3700 when the balance was about $2000.00.   I'm willing to share that this particular account probably has never reached a balance of over $3700 before (though this account is less than one year old).

The original report which i cannot add to:
https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3603/in-the-past-balance-unreliable-in-projected-cash-flow 

Edit with a Question:  Is it possible this was fixed for Checking accounts but not savings accounts when it was fixed (i.e. is there separate code for each).

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with the 'in the past' balances on the Projected Cash Flow graph. 

When testing this, I'm not personally seeing any issues like I was when you last reported this behavior. With that said, we'll need to gather some further details from you. First, is this a connected or a manual account in Simplifi? Also, are you just seeing the issue with this one account, or are there others that are also presenting a problem in the graph? 

Next, please provide the balance for each of the 'in the past' dates as displayed in the Projected Cash Flow graph, as well as a comparison balance for each date according to what's displayed on the bank's website for the account(s) in question. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    I sent all this now via direct message -- It was a connected account, i sent balances bank vs simplify and transactions

Just one account so far that i'm noticing it on, Chase Savings.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14165
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for getting a report filed, I look forward to a fix.

Right now it's not -as- visible because in prior days shown there is no big jumps.

But below you'll see two days balance that don't change at all when it's clear below there were transactions on those days

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team, and they're wondering if you're still seeing an issue with this in Simplifi. If so, they've asked if there's any additional info to provide or patterns that have been identified regarding the particular transactions that may have affected the "in the past" balance for those days.

If the issue is still occurring, they have also requested that you submit your logs and sanitized data file via the 'Send Feedback' option:
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send
    Please let me know once done!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I have not noticed it recently.   if I see it again, I'll report it separately.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks for confirming, @RobWilk!

I went ahead and closed the ticket for now, but please let us know if the issue pops back and we can reopen it accordingly with fresh examples and balances.

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.