Projected cash flow and current balance not correct AT ALL

CVOwl
CVOwl Member
edited November 2022 in Troubleshooting
I added some transactions that were pending and income that came in early in both of my accounts. One is a joint account the other is My separate checking account "Bills". Every pay day I go into the joint account and take 90% of that paycheck and move it to my "Bills" account. The paychecks are reoccurring, and the transfers are reoccurring on both sides. The transfer leaving the joint account, and the Bill account receiving the transfer are put in as reoccurring transactions and were then linked to the upcoming reoccurring transaction. The paychecks were added and then the transfers were added and now it is showing one account with a negative balance and the other account is showing the additional funds. However, the transactions don't actually reflect that the balances should be showing as negative in one and too much in the other and because there's no running balance I can't see where everything could have gone wrong. If I delete everything from the past week, will I be able to sync and pull the transactions from the bank again or will I have to enter it all manually?

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably won't be the one solving this... But when you say you added 'pending' transactions, you may want to document whether or not these were matched to bank transactions (looking at transaction details, if they're matched with bank transactions, it will says something like "A manual and bank transaction were combined to create this entry.").

I know with the recent changeover of Chase Bank to OAuth (or whatever it's called) I'm having similar problems which are corrected once manual transactions are matched with bank transactions.  It's become less of a problem (I mostly see the problems on weekends now) but it was happening every day at first.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @CVOwl,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're seeing a balance discrepancy in Simplifi. 

To clarify, are the accounts connected to the bank, or are they manual accounts? If the former, I'd suggest fully signing out and back into Simplifi, as the account balance should refresh to match what the bank is reporting. More details on how Simplifi calculates the balance of connected accounts can be found here

@RobWilk also mentioned an important factor regarding the transactions being 'pending', as pending transactions are typically deducted from the balance provided by the bank (unless you have manually disabled this feature). So, I would definitely suggest taking a look for any pending transactions that could be impacting the balance as well.

Otherwise, I'd ask that you post back with some more details. You can share the current balance displayed in Simplifi, what the balance should be, the amounts of the Transfers, etc. This will allow the Community to get a better idea of what's going on so we can best assist you. 

To answer your question regarding deleting transactions, transactions will only download/import once, so if you end up deleting anything, you will have to manually re-enter them. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    .. and sometimes the bank balance has pending deducted already and simplifi double deducts if pending not matched to bank.  It's a major bug at least with the new chase connection resulting in wrong balances.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.