Penfed Credit Union: Ongoing Lack of connectivity

Options
Matt212
Matt212 Member
edited December 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Hello Simplifi: Could you please address the now - several months old - problem with connecting to the Penfed Credit Union? I have not seen any updates to my Penfed credit card and banking accounts since October 11, 2022 and other members have suffered as a result of this outage going back to August, 2022. Penfed states that it will not provide assistance for "third party apps" so it looks like it is up to Simplifi to re-establish connections with Penfed.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @Matt212,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're being impacted by the ongoing issue with Pentagon Federal Credit Union.

Sadly, there is no further update to provide on the known issue at this time. Our Service Provider is aware of the issue and they're actively working to resolve it; at this point, we just have to wait to receive an update or for them to find a resolution. 

In the meantime, please be sure to follow our Community Alert here for updates on the known issue. We appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • mcnbmcnb
    mcnbmcnb Member
    Options
    What, specifically, is the Service Provider doing to "actively" resolve the issue, as all PenFed downloads stopped working in August, nearly three months ago. I have two Simplifimoney accounts (also managing finances for a family member) and the usefulness of both accounts are significantly reduced by not being able to update PenFed transactions. Thank you. Is PenFed actively blocking the connection or is it a programming issue on the end of Simplifimoney?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hello @mcnbmcnb,

Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what's involved in resolving the issue, or where the problem lies. It's possible that Pentagon Federal Credit Union made some changes on their end that required scripting updates with our Service Provider to allow continued aggregation, however, I'm not entirely certain. 

I've looked at all of the related tickets and did not find any further info on the issue. At this time, we are aware of the issue, our Service Provider is working to resolve it, and we will just have to wait for an update/resolution.

Sorry for not having a better answer, and we appreciate your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Matt212
    Matt212 Member
    Options
    Simplifi and its service provider have been able to remedy connectivity issues with Penfed in the past.
    Penfed will not provide assistance to customers with  what it refers to as "third party apps." Please ask the Service Provider to place this connectivity issue - on the front burner- as it has now been ongoing for several months and it makes it very difficult for me [and other Simplifi members] to monitor my personal finances. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.