Amex is only offering one choice for MFA suddenly

Options
System
System Administrator admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Avoid MFA every single time, by using “remember this device” feature.
Tagged:

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suddenly, AmEx is only giving me one choice for Multi-Authentication, email.  It used to offer SMS as well as a phone call.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hello @SRC54,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this behavior. 

I'm not sure if you were looking to report an issue with this, but I did go ahead and split your comment from the Idea post so it wouldn't be overlooked. If so, I'd first suggest navigating to American Express's website and checking your MFA preferences there. You'll want to be sure that you have all MFA options enabled with American Express directly, as well as make sure that the relevant contact info is available/filled out for each one. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SRC54 -- I believe the way the MFA options are presented on the Simplifi web app changed not too long ago.  It used to be that all the MFA options were shown in a list.  However, recently, it changed to a drop down menu.  I had the same initial thought as you when this change first appeared.

Have you tried clicking the triangle to look at the drop-down?

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Ah, thanks for the heads-up.  But that wasn't the problem.  I have no dropdown menu.  I only have one choice.  But thanks for the information.

@Coach Natalie
    @MrGood

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

This discussion has been closed.