Adding Paid status to Upcoming transactions [edited]

samccauley
samccauley Member ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Feature Requests
When viewing Upcoming transactions (Bills), there is currently no way to tell which bills you have already scheduled payments for (therefore you can relax about them), and which ones you still need to pay (therefore you better keep them in mind).

I see two very reasonable solutions to this:

1) Add a status that the user can set on transactions called something like "Sent" or "Submitted" or "It's in the mail" :smile: ; or
2) Allow a way to manually add the upcoming instance of a recurring bill into the register and show a clear distinction between upcoming recurring and items entered in the register in advance.

**This is a critical missing feature. ** Many people use this type of application to make sure they don't forget to pay something. Currently I see many "upcoming", but I can't recall with certainty which ones I've already taken care of.
15 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@samccauley Excellent idea!

• I agree one hundred percent. The recent update to have the upcoming banner at the top of the transactions view was a fantastic upgrade. For me, even something as simple as a check mark would be awesome. I open the dialog, click "scheduled" and a check mark appears on the placard when I close the dialog.

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@samccauley This is a great suggestion! You've got my vote! (A reminder that other users are welcome to register their support for ideas like these by clicking the "up arrow" at the bottom of the original message to cast a vote for it.)

• dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member

I agree 100% Need to be able to understand what bills/income reminders etc are "Paid" or "Scheduled"

• EddieTrina
    EddieTrina Member
    edited September 2020

Can a Paid status be added to Upcoming transactions reminders? This would indicate the true status of all manually and auto paid transactions that have been paid online but have not posted to the register. This could be automatically set for auto payments based on the series definition, but would need to be user settable for manual payments.

Thanks!

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    edited September 2020

@EddieTrina Great suggestion! I went ahead and moved it and made it so other members of the community can show support for this!

• Thanks Paco! I hope other members like the idea.

• Tickko
    Tickko Member ✭✭
    This would be an awesome feature! 
  • Savi$$
    Savi$$ Member
    This would be helpful and makes following upcoming bills easier
  • givehim6
    givehim6 Member
    Any updates on this request?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @givehim6,

Thanks for reaching out!

Still no update to provide on this one as of yet, but please be sure to stay tuned for any future updates! :smile:

-Coach Natalie