Help understanding the Spending Plan

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited December 2022 in Using the Spending Plan
This discussion was created from comments split from: Rollover unused Spending Plan money [edited] (10 Merged Votes).
Tagged:

Best Answers

• SmellyNelle
    SmellyNelle Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I guess I misunderstood the 'Spending Plan' capabilities. We were test driving Simplifi for a month because we are former YNAB and mvelope customers. I'm having a hard time conceptualizing the benefit of Simplifi if you have to keep separate spreadsheets and do math in your head, if you happen to have unplanned (or even planned?) expenses come up. Is Simplifi just there to help you build one ginormous 'Emergency Fund'? My bank has a native budgeting tool that seems to provide the same information as Simplifi. I thought I was getting a true "budgeting" app and not a metrics tool that tells you what happened last month.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @SmellyNelle,

Thanks for posting to the Community, and welcome to Simplifi!

The Spending Plan is built using your Recurring Bills and Income, other planned expenses (Planned Spending), Savings Goals that are set up to be deducted, as well as any additional spending that occurs throughout the month (Other Spending), and then Simplifi will give you a leftover amount that's available for the month. You can review past months, as well as budget for the current month and future months.

I'd suggest reviewing our Support Article here for more details on how to set up and use the Spending Plan. We also have a YouTube video available here that you may find helpful. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions or if there are any particular areas of the Spending Plan that we can provide more insight on. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.