Hi. New To Simplifi

Mtoro
Mtoro Member
edited December 2022 in Getting Started
Hi everyone, My name is Toro. I'm new to simplifi. Previously used a different app for my budget and it honestly got annoying and I gave up.
I'm behind on a lot of credit card debt due to an accident on the job. Should I still enter all my outstanding debt into my credit card account even tho I know I will not be seeing any payment options soon?

I want to make sure I set this up right to get the benefit out of all the visual aspects of the program.

Thank you
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Mtoro,

Thanks for posting to the Community, and welcome to Simplifi!

Hopefully some users come along with great feedback and advice for you, however, I will do my best to help in the meantime. With that said, would you mind sharing more details as to what specifically you're looking to accomplish by using Simplifi, and more specifically, with tracking your credit card debt? Are you looking for a debt paydown tool, or are you looking to budget everyday expenses so you can have leftover money to pay down your credit card debt, etc.?

Also, when it comes to entering all of your outstanding debt in your credit card account, are you referring to historical transactions, or are you referring to the balance on the account? Are you looking to get a fresh start with Simplifi and start budgeting moving forward, or are you looking to track your past expenses as well?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mtoro

Welcome to Simplifi. I'm sorry to hear about you current situation.  It is a tough place to be, I know, I've been there.

@Coach Natalie is always spot on with her questions and insights. Like any other budgeting/financial management app or program, Simplifi is a tool to help organize your budget and like any other tool, you need to find the right one for the problem you are addressing or working on. Thinking through and answering her questions will help you decide if Simplifi will be a good tool for you at this time.

One thing I will say is that I like the clarity Simplifi gives me regarding my monthly inflow and outflow.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.