is there a way to import categories from csv or excel file
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @KCduke

I'm a fellow user.  While you can import data via csv files, according to the csv support article here.    The first item under "Things to Note" is, "We do not import Categories, so you'll need to categorize your imported transactions manually."

Come Monday you will probably hear from one of the Coaches.

One of the things that I liked about Simplifi when I first took it for a test drive was that it didn't come with a huge list of predefined categories and subcategories and setting up my categories and subcategories was quite simple and straight forward... but then again, I don't have a complicated category structure.

I imagine you have your category list all set up thus the question, but if you are interested here is a great conversation string about how some have set up there categories and here is a post about how I have restructured my categories in the past couple of months.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @KCduke, one additional thing I’d add is that adding your Categories will go much smoother on a desktop/laptop than on a mobile device.  While it can be done from mobile, I’ve found it to be somewhat glitchy and really tedious.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.