Mark multiple transactions as 'Ignore from Spending Plan'?

Mrsterry
Mrsterry Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Managing Your Transactions
Is there a way to mark multiple transactions to be ignored from the spending plan? I have a ton of reimbursable work expenses that hit my accounts. I tag them and then remove them from the spending plan. Only I can't find a way to do this efficiently (other than manually editing each transaction) - is there an open feature request where I could upvote this? Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    @Mrsterry, I don’t know if there’s an open feature request, but I’m pretty sure there is no way to do this currently.  My current workaround is to have this note right in the name of the tag “SG Covered (Mark Ignore SP)” for any one that needs to be ignored.  It’s a reminder to myself. This is certainly a workaround.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mrsterry

You probably tried selecting the various transactions and then clicked on the pencil edit icon… which I just did and discovered there is no option for “Ignore in spending plan”.  You should create a feature request for this to be added to the group edit options.

The other thing I thought of is setting up a rule using the payers or payees info.  Or maybe a recurring transaction related to the pay or or payee?
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Mrsterry,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Sadly, the ability to bulk mark transactions to be ignored from the Spending Plan is not currently available in Simplifi. I did, however, find an Idea post requesting this ability that you can add your vote and feedback to. :smile:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2653/bulk-edit-ability-for-ignore-from-reports-and-ignore-from-spending-plan/p1?new=1

-Coach Natalie 
This discussion has been closed.