Duplicate Planned Spending Categories in All Months of 2022

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Report a Bug
[1430 PST: I contacted support shortly after posting this here.  I uploaded requested info and data and am now waiting to hear back.]

I started a review of this years spending plans and discovered something odd in my January all months of Planned Spending to date... all my categories have been duplicated.  I have the original set that are all "zeroed out" - that is all unused funds have been released (except 2 categories show unused funds left to spend and I'm sure I released all unused funds to available).  Then there is a whole new set of my planned spending categories with all funds available to spend.  Again, this has happened only in January 2022.

1. Is anyone else seeing this?
  2. How do I go about removing or have removed the duplicate planned spending categories?
Planned spending category pages for January as an example of what I'm seeing:

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    January 2022: I am not seeing this in my dataset.   Is it possible that month you double-added (?) the categories?

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, now I'm seeing this behavior in all months... I'll sign out, close the app, restart my laptop and reopen Simplifi to see if that fixes it...
    Danny
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May want to try "inprivate" or "incognito" mode (which virtually clears cache and cookies for testing purposes).

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tired it and still the same problem.  I'm working with a tech support now to see what's happening.
    Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @DannyB,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community -- very strange!

I looked at your interaction with Chat Support and it looks like they've gotten this behavior escalated for you. The original Agent you worked with will be back in touch as soon as an update becomes available. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Coach Natalie,

A few items I to pass along about my current issue i.e. Duplicate Planned Spending Categories:
    1. I deleted the extra categories for January, February and March. I had to leave for a bit and when I returned to continue deleting the "duplicates" those I had deleted in January, February and March were back!
    2. While doing this I noticed that there were categories showing up in latter months that shouldn't be in my Planned spending since I had deleted those categories over the course of time as I learned more about the fine points of Simplifi and adjusted how I was accounting for various expenses in my budget.
    3. In January I had 13 Planned spending categories.  By July I had adjusted my Planned spending to 9 categories.  The other categories had been deleted from planned spending either because they were not necessary (the expenses in some categories were captured in Bills and Subscriptions) or because the expenses were better accounted for as Savings Plans (irregular fixed and flexible expenses, you know, "rollover" type stuff).
    4. What has been added back into my Spending plan appears to be the original 13 categories in addition to and not simply a duplication of my current categories.
    This may be helpful information for whoever is troubleshooting this issue.  Thanks for passing this along when you get a chance.  Also, any updates from support would be helpful even if it's just to let me know it's still a work in progress.

This issue hampers Simplifi's usefulness for me.   Looking forward to getting this odd behavior resolved soon.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @DannyB,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi and that the Spending Plan is essentially unusable for you. 

Typically, you'd want to report any changes or request updates through the original channel that escalated the issue. However, I'll go ahead and keep an eye on this one for you. :wink:

I added the information that you provided above to the ticket, as well as started watching it, so I'll let you know once we receive any news. In the meantime, feel free to reach out here or to the original Agent you worked with if you have anything new to report or would like an update.

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UPDATE:

Over the past few days I have gone back over my Spending Plan > Planned Spending and deleted the "duplicate" categories.  So far it seems the problem is now resolved and the duplicating is no longer happening. Thanks to the team for resolving this issue. 
    Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @DannyB,

Thanks for letting me know!

I went ahead and closed out the ticket since it sounds like you're good to go for now. They may continue to investigate the root cause, however, I let them know that you have deleted the duplicate items at this point, and that they've stayed deleted. 

Let us know if the issue pops up again!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.