November wrap-up... or Not :-)

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Share your Success!
Funny thing happened on the way to my November wrap-up.

So November came to its natural end and I was preparing to review my November numbers.  I was thinking that as part of this review I'd do some month-to-month comparisons of my Spending Plan final results from the first of the year only to find that something strange had happened to my January Spending Plan - my planned spending was at least double what it should have been!  What I discovered was that all my Planned spending categories had been duplicated thus the doubling.  

I clicked forward to February to find everything was OK.  I checked a few more months and no problems.  I posted in the community about this to see if anyone else was seeing this problem.

I went back to my spending plan and found that now all months had duplicate Planned spending categories.  Upon closer inspection it wasn't so much a duplication.  What appears to have happened is that Simplifi has reloaded my original Planned spending categories with all funds allocated as originally designated in all months covered, past, current and future.

This has been reported to support and is being looked into.  I was told not to delete the "duplicate" categories until the problem has been identified and corrected.  But after 3 days with no word, I went ahead today and started deleting the "duplicate" categories... only to have them reappear! So I will wait.

Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) my November summary is skewed as a result of having over twice the amount of Planned spending as planned. Ah well, no achievement badges for me for November : (

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.