Unable to deselect transactions when "not reviewed" filter is on

Options
pst
pst Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Report a Bug
I think this might have been discussed in https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/comment/11205#Comment_11205
Can you look into why the top "select/deselect all" button only works one way (to select) and does not toggle back off when clicked again. I have seen that this happens when I've filtered out transactions that were not reviewed.
Tagged:

Comments

• pst
    pst Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. go to all transactions
    2. filter on "not reviewed"
    3. select one transaction
    4. add another filter, e.g. uncategorized
    5. try to deselect all, it doesn't work
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @pst,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

I'm still unable to replicate this behavior and have no issues with selecting or deselecting all transactions regardless of the filter selections, etc. With that said, it looks like the other user who reported this behavior stated that clearing their browser cache resolved it, which leads me to believe it's a caching issue. 

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache, by chance? Please also give it a try from a different browser or in incognito/private mode to see if the behavior may be specific to a certain browser.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • pst
    pst Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Natalie. How often should I be expected to clear cache? I can reproduce this issue every time I use the web app. Should I record a video to make it easy to reproduce?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @pst,

Thanks for posting back, although I apologize for the confusion!

I was not simply suggesting that you clear the browser's cache every time the issue pops up, but am instead trying to learn the following details:
    1. Does clearing the browser's cache resolve the issue? If so, for how long? 
    2. Does the issue occur on a different browser or in incognito/private mode?
    If we end up escalating the issue, we would then need a video of the behavior. This is to show the Product Team what's occurring since we're unable to reproduce it internally. However, we need some help in narrowing down the issue, such as it being browser-specific, etc. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • pst
    pst Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. the issue resolves itself at least for the very next action.
    2. The issue happens on both Firefox and Safari. I haven't tried Chrome yet.
  • pst
    pst Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    2. The issue also happens on Chrome.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @pst,

Thanks for trying different browsers and posting back!

To clarify, when you say that clearing the cache resolves at least for the very next action, are you saying that the issue pops back up almost immediately? If so, please provide a video of the behavior and I'd be happy to get it reported. 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.