"Ignore From Reports" but it's still in Report Transaction Activity

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Using Reports
I have one purchase, which I wanted to be excluded from the reports, so I checked the appropriate checkbox.

But if I go to the spending report and don't select any categories (because its category  is excluded correctly), the transaction shows on the report's "Transaction Activity."

If I select all transactions in transaction activity, the total is $1911.43, whereas the spending report says (without that transaction) my spending is $1835.27.

I'm willing to accept this could be by design, but let me know, and I will either create an idea or vote on an existing one.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Ignored transactions appearing in the Transaction Activity of Reports is by design; unless there is a calculation error present, this behavior isn't a bug. This is mentioned in our Support Article here

"While ignored transactions are not included in the calculations, they will still appear in the Transaction Activity of a Report or the Spending Plan. Still, Simplifi will show you which ones are being excluded by adding the Ignored icon (a grey eyeball with a line through it) to the right of the amount. That way, you can easily change whether or not to include the specific transaction!"

I'm not finding an existing Idea post involving ignored transactions being displayed in the Transaction Activity of Reports, so please feel free to create one. :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to hold off with that suggested idea for now.  If this is by design, maybe it is a good idea -- and also there are enough other bugs/ideas out there that in my book deserve higher priority.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.