Can you scan & capture receipts for auto-entry?

MinB
MinB Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Managing Your Transactions
I just starting using Simplifi, and maybe this functionality is already possible with the app and I just haven't found it.  Is there a way to snap and capture a receipt and quickly record a transaction on the go? I'm wondering if there's an easy way to enter a quick transaction while you're at the store, for example.  
Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• MinB
    MinB Member ✭✭
    Thanks, DannyB!

QuickBooks can scan receipts and extracts the transaction info for matching. I only use that app for business. I’d love this functionality for Simplifi, which I’ve recently starting using for household finances. 

There are other apps that can do this- Expensify is one. I believe Evernote is/was able to run OCR over the image to make text searchable. I can also use the notes app on my iPhone to snap photos of text and it will create a pdf with selectable/searchable text. 

How convenient it would be if I could just scan in receipts and deal with matching details later. 

Also, I do wish there was the ability to attach PDF files to transactions and not just images. 
  • MinB
    MinB Member ✭✭
    Okay thank you Coach Natalie! I’ll create an idea post and hopefully we’ll see this functionality soon :)
This discussion has been closed.