Quicken Credit Card - US Bank FDP-105 error (edited)

Clark
Clark Member ✭✭✭
[removed] Before you ask, I haven't changed anything.   I have signed out and in again...
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think frequently these errors are because of changes on the bank's side.   For example, my PenFed account has been in error for like 4+ months, but that seemed to start about the same time they started offering 'previews' of a new site they have under development, so the bank was making changes and probably broke something.  Also, Chase External Accounts once connected to PenFed and no longer does, as well as Experian's financial monitoring/boost - both PenFed connections broke about the same time Simplifi's connection broke.   So, at least in the case of PenFed it appears the bank broke it for all sites that were connecting to the bank,  There's not always something Simplifi can do to fix this, other than pestering bank's tech support to fix it.

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    Also, I can sign into my account on the web with no problems, so the site is not down!
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    @RobWilk

As far as i can tell, the site design has not changed. What do you do to get your transactions if the Simplifi is broke? This isn't the first time this has happened this year, Simplifi tech has always fixed it before.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clark said:
    @RobWilk

As far as i can tell, the site design has not changed. What do you do to get your transactions if the Simplifi is broke? This isn't the first time this has happened this year, Simplifi tech has always fixed it before.
    I guess I can only speak for PenFed's connectivity, and i get the impression in that case it's the bank because it broke for all apps that use them.

I can log into penfed's website, and manually enter the transactions as if it were a manual account.  The penfed website main site is 'up', but their API (which apps use to connect) seems to be broken.   An API I believe is basically a separate "virtual web page" that programs use to interact with a web site.  For example, it might sending a log in request,, get confirmation that it's logged in, and request transactions, which might come in a different format than you would usually see as a user of the site.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Quicken Credit Card - US Bank in Simplifi. 

A 105 error indicates that the bank is temporarily unavailable to connect to. These errors usually self-resolve, so you'll want to allow at least a few days to see if the issue clears up. It looks like you had a successful connection just yesterday, so please allow some additional time. 

More details on a 105 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.