MACU Credit Card Transactions come across as a positive transaction, should be negative.

dlnewman70
dlnewman70 Member
Seems just recently that my MACU credit card transactions have finally started syncing across but all the transactions come across as a positive transaction. i get what its doing saying its adding to the balance of the card but it's throwing off my spending plan by showing I'm getting more availability per category instead of deducting. Is there a way to correct this or is there a workaround? I found in community there was a similar issue with another provider and it was fixed so I am hoping this can also be fixed with Mountain America Credit Union (MACU) feeds. It is only happening with my credit card account at MACU, not checking or savings which are loading transactions correctly.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @dlnewman70,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

To clarify, the transactions in question are charges to the credit card, correct? If so, they should show in Simplifi as a negative number and be accounted toward your spending in the Spending Plan as such. If you're seeing that the transactions are positive numbers (green with a plus sign in front of it), then this is called a "reverse register" and is something we'd want to look at escalating for you. 

To do so, please provide the following information: 
    1. The name of the account that the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi. 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few transactions in Simplifi that are reversed. 
    3. The current balance of the account, as displayed on the bank's website. 
    4. The current balance of the account, as displayed in Simplifi.
    5. A screenshot of the account register in Simplifi showing that the transactions are for positive amounts. 
    6. A screenshot of the transactions on the bank's website showing that the transactions are supposed to be charges. 
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Hello Coach Natalie. I uploaded all the details with Coach Jose a few days ago. He has all the information related to this case. I didn't receive a case number, but hopefully he has track of it and maybe with your help like you did with the other customer, we can get the issue cleaned up and fixed. Please let me know if you can't get in touch with Coach Jose or find the proper ticket number he created. Thank you.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @dlnewman70,

Thanks for posting back!

I located the ticket and the ticket number is 9926213. It looks like the issue was escalated from your interaction with Coach Jose, so once an update becomes available, he'll be back in touch with you.

Let us know if we can assist with anything further here in the Community!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.