Possible to disable "Badges" and "Achievements"?

Options
jchaven
jchaven Member
edited February 2023 in Using the Dashboard
New user. I do not like "gamifying" something as important as my finances and would like to disable the whole earning badges thing and remove the achievements panel from the dashboard. Is this possible?

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jchaven

Welcome to Simplifi.

As far as I know there is no way to "disable the whole earning badges thing and remove the achievements panel from the dashboard."  The only suggestion I can think of would be to move the "Achievements" card to the end/bottom of the Dashboard and just ignore them.  As far as achievement notifications go after those initial badges you were awarded you won't get that many more achievement notifications and they become more rare after the first few months.

Just so you know, @Coach Natalie monitors this forum closely and may have some information that can help you do what you ask here.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    @jchaven,

One additional thing, you can also go into Settings > Notifications and turn off the “Achievement Badge Earned” notification.  This will turn off the notifications related to this altogether which will also make it less of an annoyance to you in Simplifi.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jchaven,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

It looks like @DannyB and @Flopbot have got you covered, however, we do have an existing Idea post requesting the ability to customize the Web App Dashboard that I wanted to share. Having this ability could potentially resolve this matter for you if you're specifically looking to hide the Achievements tile from your Dashboard. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/212/customize-dashboard#latest

As far as disabling Achievements in general, I thought we had an Idea post requesting this ability, but I'm not finding one. If you'd like to see this change made in Simplifi, you can create an Idea post requesting it so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

This discussion has been closed.