How do you add a Space?

Mark Gable
Mark Gable Member
edited March 2023 in Using Space Sharing
In Spaces & sharing, how do you add a new space?  The +Space button is "grayed out".
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Mark Gable,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

I'm honestly not sure why there is an "+ Space" button under Settings>Spaces & sharing, as this is not a supported feature of Space Sharing. With Space Sharing, you can manage your own Space, as well as invite an additional Member to your Space, but you cannot create a new Space. More details on using Space Sharing can be found here

I'll be sure to mention this to the Product Team so we can determine if it's an upcoming ability or if the button needs to be removed. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @PolyNomad & @Michael Dooley,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

The “+ Space” button should not be available and is not a planned function; the Product Team plans to remove this option from Spaces & sharing to avoid confusion. Since you both have feedback regarding Space Sharing, I'd suggest leaving it on our Space Sharing feedback post to ensure it's reviewed by the Product Team.

If you're looking for the ability to have multiple Spending Plans specifically, I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to an existing Idea post requesting this ability available here.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• It would be nice to be able to add additional spaces. It would allow multiple spend plans. For example a household space and a personal space.

• Michael Dooley
    edited February 2023

I'm surprised this isn't available. It's pretty common to have joint expenses and personal expenses. The ability to keep those budgets separate, and have a spending plan for both is much needed. The capability of multiple budgets exists in [removed].

Did you get anything back from the product team since last month on this?

This discussion has been closed.