Badges - For Fun & Motivation (maybe?)

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Achievements
Not sure how long the Achievements section has been part of the forum but just discovered it myself and since there are no discussions here, thought I'd change that with a post about my Achievement Badges.

Last year when I first started using Simplifi I remember getting a notification that I had received an Achievement badge.  I clicked on the notification and was taken to the Achievement modal where I found I had received a Prepped for Prosperity badge for adding an account to Simplifi.  Soon after that I received my second Prepped for Prosperity badge - the "Setup Spending Plan" badge. The second day of using Simplifi I set up a Savings Goal and was awarded the "Created a Savings Goal" badge.  I was feeling pretty proud of myself with those shinny badges to my name and then on my fourth day of using Simplifi I received the "Created a Watchlist" badge!

I've seen some comments by some that they think these badges are silly and don't have a place in something as serious minded as financial management and that budgeting should be a sober minded endeavor with no room for playful and childish things like these achievement badges.  I really don't know what to say about that.  But I can say that I get a kick out of collecting these badges.  It is a PLAYFUL way to celebrate financial achievements and I for one appreciate these small tokens of a job well done.

In fact I hope the team will keep coming up with other Achievement categories to award badges for like the Prompt payer category added in May 2022.

Anyway...
  • Two weeks away from receiving my fourth Calm and in Control badge
  • I'm a few months away from earning my final Savvy Spender badge (had a set back with this one but on track now)
  • Still "working" on my first Prompt Payer badge - have no idea what's going on with that  B)
  • Maxed out on Prepped for Prosperity, Sensation Saver and Asset Accumulator
Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
Tagged:

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    This is a wonderful assessment @DannyB!  Agree with all of it.  I love the Achievements…even those that seem unattainable.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.