No Default Categories

LAMD
LAMD Member
edited September 2020 in Feedback

I created a Simplifi account and at first there were no default categories. After I created one category, the Balance Adjustment, Credit Card Payment and Transfer (with subcategories) categories became available for me to assign to transactions.

Comments

• Whos_taking_my_money
    Whos_taking_my_money Unconfirmed, Member

I'm trying simplifi - the dashboards look good so far. To convert from quicken to simplifi is hard if I have to re-create all my categories. I try to stay as tight to the default categories as possible - give me the 15 or so default categories on spending and income so I can start classifying a few transaction. Also - it is not real user friendly if you cannot create transactions on the line items themselves.

• Whos_taking_my_money
    Whos_taking_my_money Unconfirmed, Member

@Whos_taking_my_money said:
    I'm trying simplifi - the dashboards look good so far. To convert from quicken to simplifi is hard if I have to re-create all my categories. I try to stay as tight to the default categories as possible - give me the 15 or so default categories on spending and income so I can start classifying a few transaction. Also - it is not real user friendly if you cannot create transactions on the line items themselves.

Figured out how to create categories on the fly.

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

We currently have a bug report on the issue of default Categories not showing up in Simplifi. It started recently (Friday afternoon, February 28), and seems to be mostly affecting new users who are just setting up accounts. It is a problem on our back end. We are actively working on it, and hope to get it fixed soon. We'll post a notice here when it's resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience!

This discussion has been closed.