Unable to add Authorized User account with USAA (edited)

Options
I am trying to track down a potential issue. My wife and I have USAA for credit cards and multiple checking savings. The new and improved sign in its corrected a lot of the issues, but there is a new one.

We have one CC that we use that is on her account and I am the authorized user. I cannot bring that account over to Simplifi under my USAA login. Generally, it's no problem except I can't seem to add a second login account for USAA to add my wifes login information in addition to mine.

The question is, how do I either get that credit card to show up on Simplifi (I see it on USAA.com just fine) or how do I add a second USAA Login to Simplifi since it defaults only to mine? Am I stuck manually transferring the account transactions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Todenweller,

Thank you for posting to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with one of your USAA accounts in Simplifi. 

As far as I'm aware, the ability to use a second set of credentials with a single bank can be done in Simplifi and is available with USAA's API (the new connection method). When attempting to add the authorized user account by using your wife's credentials, what happens? 

Also, I believe that if the account is viewable when signing into USAA's website under your credentials, it should pull into Simplifi. This could most likely be escalated as a missing account issue, however, please let us know how it goes when using her credentials first. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Todenweller
    Todenweller Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi Natalie, 

It seems that however Simplifi is storing credentials, it is only allowing one set of credentials to access the API for USAA. When I went in to add credentials for my wife's account it disconnected my accounts (see Image 1). When attempting to reset the connection using the three dots, it does not allow for a second set of credentials to be put in and goes straight to the screen shown in Image 2. When selecting allow it presents only my wife's accounts with USAA, I won't screenshot that for obvious reasons.

For the Credit card that we are trying to link, my wife is the primary cardholder and I am an authorized user. I can see that credit card just fine when I log into USAA, but when using my credentials with Simplifi it does not see that card. Not sure what's going on if I have full access to the card when I go through USAA.com I imagine it should be the same when providing Simplifi with my account credentials. 

[removed screenshot for privacy] 

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Todenweller,

Thank you for confirming the behavior!

I'd like to go ahead and get this escalated as a "missing account" issue to see what we can find out for you. To do so, please provide us with the following information:
    1. Has there been any activity in the missing account in the last 90 days? 
    2. Are you routed to a different URL/website when selecting the missing account on the bank's website (this will help us determine if it's an 'external account')? 
    3. What is the name of the missing account, as displayed on the bank's website? 
    4. Is the missing account a subtype of another type of account, such as an investment account? (This is most likely not the case for you since it's a credit card account, but we want to be sure)
    5. Aside from the upgraded connection in Simplifi, have there been any changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    6. Please also provide a screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts, including the missing one, and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL. 
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Todenweller
    Todenweller Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Natalie, 

1. Yes there has been activity on the account within the last 90, we use the credit card for bills on auto bill. 
    2. No there is no external routing when selecting the account. 
    3. The name of the missing account is Signature Visa *XXXX (account Number). USAA delineates similar cards by the account number, since I have two cards with Signature Visa as the name, just separate account numbers. 
    4. No it is not. 
    5. Not that I am aware of, still same process as that last 6 months
    6. See Screen Capture.  Only accounts that don't show up are the Platinum (that is an external Amex), the USAA Savings [removed - privacy] and the Signature Visa [removed - privacy]. The savings doesn't matter to us because its not used. The credit card is where the issue is. So I guess I am actually missing two account if it matters. 

*Note, If I am able to send you a screen recording of Simplifi not allowing for multiple credentials, would that be of help?

[removed screenshot for privacy]
  • Coach Natalie
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello @Todenweller,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received. I will also let you know if any further info is needed. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-5942
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a very similar setup where I have a USAA account and so does my spouse. In our case this works fine but we had to add a new account and I have two instances of a USAA account with two separate credentials. Have you tried going the the process like you are adding a new financial institution, searching for USAA, then providing your wife’s credentials? This worked for me. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Todenweller,

Based on what @Secure_User stated, as well as additional reports of being able to add a second set of credentials in Simplifi using USAA's API, I did want to clarify how you're attempting to add the second set of credentials. Are you resetting the connection for your existing USAA accounts, or are you going thru the Add Account flow? You'll want to perform the latter and go through the Add Account flow. 

Additionally, I have learned that USAA card holders can manage the access that's granted for authorized users -- has your wife granted you access to connect the authorized user card to a third-party application or anything along those lines? 

Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello again @Todenweller,

Were you able to take a look at my last comment, by chance? We would like to get a bit more info from you and confirm the behavior.

Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Todenweller,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

We've received an update on the ticket, and our Product Team is recommending that you use your wife's credentials to add the authorized user account. I know there was an issue with this before, however, we haven't heard back from you so we're unsure of where to go from here.

The ticket has been closed at this time, however, please respond to the above comment with the requested information and we'll be happy to further assist.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.