Let Me Categorize and Organize My Accounts However I Like [edited] (8 Merged Votes)

barryh
barryh Member ✭✭
edited May 24 in Feature Requests

Let me categorize and group my accounts however I like. I've got 60+ linked now. Some of my 'checking' accounts are really used for savings. One of my investment accounts is used as a cash/checking account. Maybe I want to separate my accounts from my spouses. Pretax vs. Post tax, etc. I would like to add one of my checking accounts to my credit cards list so I can keep that group of accounts with a positive balance. Some accounts are important, others not so much, etc.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@barryh Great suggestion! You actually have the option to change the type of account you have in Simplifi so you can customize your accounts a bit more if you'd like. Depending on if you are looking at the mobile app or on the website, you would need to navigate to the manage/settings option, should be a gear icon for both, and go to your accounts. From that page, you'll be able to change the type of account that it is. So if you wanted to make your checking account to appear as a credit card account, you can.

• barryh
    barryh Member ✭✭

I wasn't sure if you did anything with the account type setting. Seems like if you added something specific for an account type, this might mess it up. It works, but seems like a workaround. I also put a space in front of it's name so that it went to the top of the list alphabetically. It will do for now. Hope this makes the feature list for real.

• kendra42
    kendra42 Unconfirmed, Member

Right now if something is categorized in an investment subaccount you can only change it to another investment account type. I would like the ability to categorize an account however I want. Right now I have an insurance bill listed as a brokerage account when it should be under debt or another category but certainly not investments.

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@kendra42 Great suggestion!

• wallywanna
    wallywanna Unconfirmed, Member
    edited March 3
    I would like to be able to classify a money market' account at my bank to "investment" as an example.