Can I transfer data from Quicken?

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited March 2023 in Getting Started
This discussion was created from comments split from: New to this forum.

Best Answers

• Monfrank
    Monfrank Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have been a quicken user since the late 1990s and currently using Quicken starter. I am thinking of changing to Simplifi. I primarily categorize expenses and income, and download transactions from checking and credit cards. My question is, will simplifi use my existing data or will I lose all of my data including transactions and catagories, etc?

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Monfrank unfortunately, Simplifi doesn't have a way to transfer over your data from Quicken at this time. You can certainly upload a .csv file, but it's going to be a very manual transition.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Monfrank,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Although Simplifi does not currently support the ability to import Quicken data, our Product Team is considering this ability for future implementation. In the meantime, you can follow our Idea post here for updates.

Feel free to check back in with us periodically as well. I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Monfrank
    Options

Thank you for the update. I will stick to what I know and like.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Monfrank looks like you got your answer. Just some thoughts for your consideration. Simplifi is a whole different animal from Quicken and transferring your historical data and structure from Quicken would, as @Flopbot shared, a very manual transition. I made the switch from Quicken just over a year ago and the change over gave me a chance to rethink and reorganize my money management process. Quicken is tops for detailed tracking of personal finances and offers great financial tools. Simplifi is a much more streamlined approach to personal finances and has a different focus from Quicken. Personally, I like Simplifi's focus and haven't found that I needed or wanted the historical data I had accumulated in Quicken over the many years I used it. At this point, I can't imagine trying to transfer all that data and my former structure into an Simplifi.

The depth of data you have in Quicken is needed for detailed reporting if that's something you need. Simplify doesn't have the reporting muscle to use all that data so that is another consideration to keep in mind.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.