Transactions missing from Spending Watchlist

Odin700
Odin700 Member
edited April 2023 in Report a Bug

I have a few spending watchlists and they work properly except for one. It is not recognizing the assigned spending category even though there are transactions under that category. I have checked the specific category and can't find anything wrong with it and deleted and recreated the specific watchlist and the problem remains.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 2023

Hello @Odin700,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with one of your Watchlists in Simplifi.

To clarify, are you seeing this issue on the Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both? Please also provide some screenshots of what you're seeing, such as the problematic Watchlist, the setup for the Watchlist, and the Transaction Detail window for the transactions that are missing from the Watchlist, so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• Odin700
    Odin700 Member

I'm seeing this behavior on both platforms. See the attached screenshots. The watchlist is able to see transactions from last year that is under the specific category assigned to the watchlist, but is not seeing transactions under the same category for Jan and Feb of this year.

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 2023

Hello @Odin700,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I'd be happy to get this escalated, but will need to gather a bit more info first:

1. If the Watchlist is also missing the January and/or March transactions, please provide a screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for those transactions (I see that they are missing from the graph of the Watchlist, so having more example transactions will be helpful).
    2. The browser and browser version you are using to access Simplifi.
    3. The OS of the computer you're accessing Simplifi from.

Please also submit your logs via the ‘Send Feedback’ option:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Odin700
    Odin700 Member
    edited March 2023

Hi Coach Natalie,

I've attached the transaction detail for the missing months in the watchlist (Jan and Feb 2023.)

The browsers I'm using are Brave Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-bit) and
    Chrome Version 110.0.5481.178 (Official Build) (64-bit) and the issue is present in both. I'm using Windows 11, version 22H2 OS build 22621.1265.

I also submitted the logs.

Thanks,

• Coach Natalie

Hello @Odin700,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-15650

• Coach Natalie

Hello @Odin700,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

The Product Team determined that the cause of the issue is the account that the transaction resides in is being ignored from Reports. When ignoring an account from Reports, it also ignores it from Watchlists and the Spending Plan. I apologize that this is not made clear from within Simplifi and that I didn't even think to have you check this. It is mentioned in our Support Article here, however.

Go ahead and include the account in Reports again from the account level, and let us know if it resolves the issue.

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Account you'd like to include in Reports and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Show in reports.

-Coach Natalie

• Odin700
    Odin700 Member

Ah-ha! That did the trick. It's working properly now. Thanks for your help.

• Coach Natalie

Awesome, @Odin700!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.