A Calendar Issue of a Slightly Different Nature

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Report a Bug

It looks like notifications still use a calendar that starts the week on Monday and ends on Sunday.

That is, I got a notification this morning that I have 13 bills coming up this week. First, I'd expect such a notification to appear on Sunday, not Monday. Second, I only have 7 bills coming up through Saturday. The remainder, due to the vagaries of recurring scheduling, are coming due on Sunday - technically next week everywhere else in the application.

This is certainly a life-changing deal so I hope it is given the attention it deserves (the bottom of the pile 🤣)

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably should be an idea post.. i'd vote for

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

To clarify, the only calendars that were changed in the app were the Date Picker calendars. The change that was made to have these calendars match across the app with a Sunday-Saturday week didn't impact anything else in the program.

With that said, it is my understanding that the "week" for the Bills Notification is referring to Monday-Sunday. I believe an issue was reported by another user prior, and we determined that the miscount was due to having Recurring Linked Transfers, as Simplifi will count both sides of the Transfer.

However, in your case, it sounds like there may just be some confusion on when the "week" runs. If you've determined that the Notification counted properly when looking at the "week" as Monday-Sunday, and you'd like to see a change made to how this works, I'd suggest creating an Idea post so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.