Cleared transactions made linked transfer are auto-cleared on other side

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Report a Bug
  1. Create a Transaction, for example, in checking for $0.01 for example, leave it uncategorized for example
  2. Save it
  3. Mark that transaction cleared
  4. Save it
  5. Edit that transaction and make it a linked transfter to for example a credit card
  6. Note that on the credit card side it is now 'cleared' and can't be made pending

This is a problem for me right now because in checking the transaction is cleared and on the credit card side the payment is not yet received —- this results in simplifi having a wrong balance because of how cleeared vs. pending are handled.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this behavior, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue in Simplifi.

When testing this, the behavior does appear to be by design. When creating a Linked Transfer from a 'Pending' transaction, the transaction that's created in the other account is also 'Pending'; the same goes when creating a Linked Transfer from a 'Cleared' transaction. I think the issue more lies in being unable to mark a 'Cleared' transaction as 'Pending', which is also by design.

Until the ability to mark a 'Cleared' transaction as 'Pending' is implemented in Simplifi, you may consider creating the Linked Transfer when the original transaction is still 'Pending' so that the transaction created in the other account is also 'Pending'.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.