Unable to connect to Capital One using Bill Connect

sygyzy
sygyzy Member
edited April 2023 in Bills and Income

Hi, I am able to add other financial and utility institutions using the Bill Connect feature in Simplifi. Now, I am trying to add my credit card from Capital One but cannot. I did some research and found that each product type from Capital One may use a different endpoint. This is not the case for me. This is a mainline credit card - not: a checking or savings account, not an investment account, etc. This is not a Capital One 360 account, or is it a Capital One banking account.

I tried opening a browser side by side with Simplifi and can log in with the same credentials. To double-check, I turn on "show password" to confirm it's not a pasting or typing error. Each time Simplifi says it'll work on conecting and will tell me if there are any problems, It never prompts me for additional 2FA or asks me any other questions. The connection always fails silently. I also checked the url that Simplifi says it's using and I am able to login to it in my browser.

I AM able to connect to Capital One as an "Account" and it refreshes daily an shows me my credit card balance. It's only through Bill Connect that it doesn't work, strangely.

Is there a known issue with connections to Capital One? Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @sygyzy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're unable to connect to Capital One using Bill Connect in Simplifi.

Unfortunately, Capital One hasn't worked with Bill Connect for quite some time. Although you can connect your Capital One account(s) to download transactions and balances, we use a different Service Provider for Bill Connect and Capital One doesn't work with them at this time.

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I know from my own experience that not all billers support Bill Connect. My suspicion is that Capital One does not support bill connect which is a completly seperate type of connection and service from account connection to download transactions and balances. One of the coaches, problaby @Coach Natalie , will give you more info on this at some point.

Personally, bill connect while helpful with some of my utilities but for the most part is not all that necessary of useful.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • sygyzy
    sygyzy Member

Hi, I believe that Capital One is supported because it's listed as a suggested bank and can also be found if you manually search in the Bill Connect flow. I also have found posts where people talk abut being able to connect with and are using Bill Connect with Capital One, within the last six months (though they had some other issues, but not connection related). I am trying to figure out if this is a problem on my end or if the connections is broken for everyone.

• sygyzy
    sygyzy Member

Hi, thanks for your definitive answer @Coach Natalie . Since it's still displayed as an option does it mean the team is working to fix the issue or if not, maybe a note should be added next to Capital One so people are aware it's not working? Thank you.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 2023

No problem, @sygyzy!

I believe our Biller Service Provider is working on the connection, however, I wouldn't have any further details. Fingers crossed that it works someday!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.