Can I set-up a hidden investment Account?

Options
Clark
Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investments

I have a checking account that is part of my Edward Jones Investment Account, but idoes not include in my investment section since it is destinated as checking. How can I include checking account in the investment secti

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Clark,

Thanks for clarifying!

Since the account in question is classified as a Checking account, you won't be able to change the type to an Investment account. To do what you're looking for, you could always create a second manual account that's an investment account, and then add the current value as cash to the account so it's included in your Portfolio Value. However, you would not be able to hide one of the accounts from the Accounts List, as the ability to hide accounts has not quite made its way to Simplifi yet.

Although you can ignore an individual account from Reports (which also ignores it from the Spending Plan and Watchlists), you won't be able to hide it from the Accounts List on the Dashboard at this time.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Coach Natalie , thanks for checking this out for me. I have set up a fake account under investments and enter the checking acount dollars to get and total number to reconcile my account. I then delete the account to $1 . Not the best option but it is fast.

Clark

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @Clark,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

To clarify, have you tried adding the checking account in Simplifi by going through the Add Account flow with Edward Jones? If so, is the account presented as available to add?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @coach Natalie,

Here is a screen shot of my accounts. What I want to do is have my investment checking account (cash manager) also show up under my Retirement investment accounts, as it is part of my investment total. I don't want it to show up twice in my net worth numbers, since will be in two places. That's why I was asking about hidden an account. I help this helps as I don't explain this well the first time.

This discussion has been closed.