New USAA Connection - How to Handle Old Accounts?

Options
Apr627
Apr627 Member

Hi, I've noticed now with the new USAA connection I have to basically create new accounts for the bank, with all new transactions. Is there any way to merge these new accounts with my old ones? Just hoping I don't have to go back and re-verify all of my transactions in the new accounts.

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Apr627,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

When it comes to the new connection with USAA, you should have been able to link your existing Simplifi accounts to the accounts found when connecting to USAA through the API. If you now have duplicate accounts, you'll want to delete the duplicates and then reconnect to USAA. Once you see the list of accounts that are available to add to Simplifi, you'll want to carefully link them to the existing accounts by following the steps here.

For more details on handling duplicate accounts in Simplifi, please see our Support Article here. Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Apr627
    Apr627 Member
    Options

Thanks Natalie! When I first reconnected my accounts, it was not letting me link them for some reason. However, I just tried it again and it seems to have worked correctly, so I got rid of the duplicated accounts. Thanks for your help!

This discussion has been closed.