This needs no discussion/answer, unless SOMEONE wants to "chime in"

Options
JennifersDaddy
JennifersDaddy Member
edited June 2023 in Share your Success!

Hi! My name is Jim. You will know its me, IF I post or reply, by typo errors or SPELLING/GRAMMER/PUNCTUATION mistakes!

This is just one(I only have a FEW right now)of the "Successes" Simplifi has helped me with. Now that Simplifi and I have become pretty good "Friends", I ACTUALLY have a little money to put away each month! It is REALLY not easy to do when TRYING to get by on SS Disability and a small Teamsters Disability Pension, but Simplifi has HELPED ME achieve a Budget I can STICK to, so I have SOMETHING to "put away" each month, and I THINK I found a nice SAFE, helpful, place to put it.

I just wanted to "mention" this(I HOPE it is appropriate, im gona have to read more about WHAT this board is for)since I did not see anything about it in the SEVERAL posts I read(have NOT yet gotten to many "replies" as of yet)and enjoyed.

I USE to have to worry about MANY Bank Acct.`s and Investments, when I was able to actually work(Leukemia, 2006)and had a wife who was FANTASTIC w/$! I had quite a bit left each month to invest. I was ABLE to teach myself about Researching and buying Stocks(did pretty well IF I say so myself)and needed to keep track of Cost Bases(been a Quicken/Turbo Tax user since 1999)and such.

Now, to my point!(SORRY, I talk WAY too much. I will TRY to stop!). There is a pretty FANTASTIC savings Platform/Tool(this MAY be where I am inappropriate(?). IF so, PLEASE be gentle when you chastise me and delete(?) this post)I have found I would just like to "mention"(I am NOT promoting ANYTHING! I am NOT affiliated, in ANY WAY w/this Platform)it for those, like me, who "struggle" w/KEEPING money in my Savings. It is called Plinqit. It is offered through my Bank. I "checked it out" pretty thouroughly(DO SO, please, IF you decide you MIGHT like and use it. I am NOT going to say MUCH about it as I do NOT want to attempt to influence ANYONE to "try it", just check it out)before I tried it out. Its NOT much, really, you will NOT make a whole lot of return on you savings. It IS pretty neat though, and really helps me keep my $ I am able to save SAFE from "impulsive spending". You set "Goals", as mentioned often in Simplifi, and ATTEMPT to reach them, w/quite a bit of help from the "support team",(ALMOST as good as Simplifi coaches)and other tools. It has taught me a couple of things along the way.

ANYWAY, just wanted to mention it, so I have. I have NO IDEA if it can be "linked" to Simplifi(I probably should have WAITED to mention this...I have used Simplifi for a while now..I am afraid to admit, however, I JUST STARTED to take it SERIOUSLY and am NOT yet "fluent" in it's workings as I am w/Quicken))but it has helped me. Just type "Plinqit" in your search IF you THINK it may be RIGHT for you...

Ok, that is all. SORRY this was such a LONG post. I will work on NOT doing it anymore! I HOPE this sort of thing "counts" as a Simplifi SUCCESS. I would DEFINATELY NOT be able to use the Plinqit Savings Platform w/out Simplifi to help me TRACK and REDUCE spending. Especially w/ALL my Medical bills and such.

Thank You For Your Time

Jim

Jim, and my Daughter, Jennifer, who keeps me ALIVE, and well!

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JennifersDaddy ,

Good to hear that Simplifi is helping you get back on track toward achieving your goals. In my brief 30-second Google Search, it does appear that Plinqit is an app/offering/software that is marketed towards banks as an added benefit for membership, so it isn't really a direct competitor to Simplifi (like with other unnamed softwares). That said, the Coaches will have to make the call on wheher they redact it from your post, but I'd say this is certainly a Simplifi success. I did a brief search in Settings>Accounts>Add Accounts and it doesn't look like Plinqit can be synced - probably because it's not actually a bank account.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • JennifersDaddy
    Options

thanks...i HOPED it would NOT be a problem. I did NOT think about the fact it was only "offered" through my Bank...i guess im just WASTING everyones time...sorry bout that.

Well, IF your Bank offers it, I THINK its helpful...its not easy to just "transfer" money OUT, it takes a few days...guess I did NOT really think about TMAT enther. This would NOT, really, be a good place to keep any real EMERGENCY fund Savings...thats kind of why I like it. The Platform REALLY makes me "think" about IF I REALLY NEED to take my $ out. I am afraid I am pretty IMPULSIVE at times...its good to THINK(as Simplifi has helped me with)BEFORE I "break the bank", or FAIL to "achieve" my Goal, and Spend money I do NOT NEED TO...

Ok, well, Happy Saving to all...sorry IF I wasted your time.

Jim

Jim, and my Daughter, Jennifer, who keeps me ALIVE, and well!

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No worries Jim, you did't waste anyone's time. You're right that half the time, savings is about protecting our money from ourselves!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JennifersDaddy thanks for sharing your success and how Simplifi has helped you build a functional and useful budget.

Don't worry about name dropping it's quite common in this forum with random redacting buy coaches as @Flopbot mentioned.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.