PayFlex Login Error FDP-106 (edited)

Options
wodandos
wodandos Member

Starting this morning, unable to sync account with PayFlex. Still able to successfully login at https://www.mypayflex.com/ - so its not an account/password issue. Appears PayFlex requires additional authentication during login that needs to be reflected within Simplifi.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @wodandos,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to PayFlex in Simplifi.

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it appears you're receiving a 106 error — is that correct? And to confirm, is this occurring when refreshing the account or when attempting to add your PayFlex account(s) for the first time? If the former, the first thing you'll want to do is reset the connection by following the steps listed here.

More details on a 106 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• wodandos
    Options

My account wasn't updating so I removed the account and tried to add it again. I cannot make a connection to PayFlex now and believe it is due to PayFlex updating new 2FA authentication procedures. I am still able to login through PayFlex with my credentials so I believe its just a matter of Simplifi adjusting to account for the new 2FA authentication prompts.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @wodandos,

Thanks for posting back!

Please provide the following information so we can get this issue escalated:

1. How long have you been experiencing the 106 error?
    2. What type of account(s) are you attempting to add?
    3. What is the name of the account(s), as it/they appear on the bank's website?
    4. What is the exact URL you see after signing into the bank's website?
    5. What type of MFA changes were made when signing into the bank's website (please provide specifics)?
    6. Have there been any other changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?
    7. Has there been activity in the account(s) in the last 90 days?
    8. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this needs to be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• wodandos
    Options
    1. Started experiencing the issue 5/11/23
    2. Trying to connect to an HSA account
    3. Health Savings Account
    4. https://www.mypayflex.com/Dashboard/Dashboard/Index
    5. Screenshot attached - asking for code or questions
    6. No
    7. Yes, regularly occurring deposits

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @wodandos,

Thank you for providing most of the requested information!

It looks like we still need the following details from you:

1. What is the exact URL you see after signing into the bank's website?
    2. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this needs to be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Also, to clarify, did the bank make changes to their MFA process, or did they just enable MFA? If the latter, have you tried disabling MFA with the bank directly to see if you can then connect your HSA account in Simplifi just for testing purposes?

-Coach Natalie

• wodandos
    Options
    1. https://www.mypayflex.com/Dashboard/Dashboard/Index
    2. Sent private direct message with screenshot

PayFlex enabled MFA. I don't believe there is an option to disable MFA on my end.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @wodandos,

Thank you for providing the remaining details!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10246781

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @wodandos,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

The escalation came back stating that this is a known issue with PayFlex. Our Service Provider is working with the financial institution on a resolution, however, there is currently no ETA. They suggested that you contact the bank directly to help make them aware of the issue.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options
This discussion has been closed.