Morgan Stanley Stock Plan $0 balance (edited)

Options
Odin700
Odin700 Member

Issue: I'm able to connect to my Morgan Stanley Stock Plan Connect account and add it to Simplify. However, the balance shows as $0 but there are funds in the account. There are no related error messages. In the accounts section, in the Morgan Stanley account tile, the URL is https://stockplanconnect.morganstanley.com/cesreg/Home/Home.html#/home

I tested another personal finance management app and added the same account and the balances showed accurately. Also, I noticed that the Morgan Stanley account numbers shown in Simplfi do not match my actual account number from the Morgan Stanley website.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Odin700,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a balance discrepancy with your Morgan Stanley Stock Plan account in Simplifi.

To clarify, is this account being added as an investment account? If so, where exactly are you seeing the $0 balance — in the Accounts List or in the Investments section? Do you see holdings listed for the account in the Investments section?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Odin700
    Odin700 Member
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie,

Yes, it's added as an investment account. When I connected to stock plan account it automatically found two accounts associated with my login credentials. I renamed both accounts to Morgan Stanley Stock 1 and 2 respectively. Both accounts show a $0 balance in the Accounts List, under Investments and sub category Brokerage. There is nothing listed in the holdings section for both accounts. see attached screen shots.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Odin700,

Thanks for confirming!

Please provide the following information and I'll be happy to get this reported:

1. The names of each of the accounts, as they appear on the bank's website (please designate which one is "Stock 1" and which is "Stock 2" in Simplifi).
    2. The current balance for each of the accounts as displayed on the bank's website.
    3. A screenshot of the holdings displayed for each of the accounts on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the Investments Portfolio section for each of the accounts in Simplifi, just like the one you provided above, but you'll want to provide two separate screenshots, one for each of the individual accounts (please specify which one is for which account since you can't see the full name in the Account Filter).
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a computer web browser and not a mobile browser).

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• Odin700
    Odin700 Member
    Options

Ok, is there a way to send this info securely?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Odin700,

You can share private details via a DM to me here in the Community. Alternatively, if you prefer a more private support experience in general, our Support Team would be happy to assist.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Odin700,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-6935

• Odin700
    Odin700 Member
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie,

I was wondering if there's any update on this item?

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Options

No update yet, @Odin700.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Odin700, thanks for your patience as this issue was being worked on!

It sounds like the issues you were seeing with Morgan Stanley Stock Plan should now be resolved. Can you take a look in Quicken Simplfi and let us know how it goes please?

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.