Why does the full transaction amount show when searching by tag

Dean0656
Dean0656 Member
edited September 2020 in Feedback

For my transactions on a joint account I tag each one of them as to who made the purchase so we know how much each of us owe. But when we go search via tags it shows the full amount. EXAMPLE:

Trans 1: $1,000 split so R owes: $600 and C owes: $400

But when you search just for R's amount it shows the full $1,000 not just the split transaction of $600

Answers

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@Dean0656 It's bringing up the full transaction because the split was created within that transaction and for you to see the split information you would have to open up the transaction.

• Dean0656
    Dean0656 Member
    > @Coach Paco said:
    > @Dean0656 It's bringing up the full transaction because the split was created within that transaction and for you to see the split information you would have to open up the transaction.

I understand that my question was is there a way for it to show the split as separate transactions or at least when we go to insights and sort spending by category/tag it only show the 1 we want. Simplifi is doing a good job lots of ideas how to improve and this would be 1 of them. Might be helpful to allow us to print out the insight pages as a report a la Expensify
This discussion has been closed.