Partial contributions to Savings Goals

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Using Savings Goals

I made a couple of partial contributions to one of my Saving Goals earlier this month. I seem to remember that Simplifi would keep track of partial contributions but in this instance that didn't happen. I'm still showing that no contribution has been made.

Is it possible to make a partial contributions to a SG and have it.count towards the months' full contribution?

I read the SG support articles for both mobile and desktop but no mention of this.

Simplifi mobile app v 4.11.0

Samsung S21 Ultura.

[edited image to reduce size]

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Great question, @DannyB!

I'm not sure why your partial contribution isn't showing, as it definitely should be, but the total monthly contribution amount is still what would be calculated. As for making a partial contribution count towards the month's full contribution, I don't see how this would be possible.

With that said, you might consider doing what we did here and deleting and recreating the Goal, using what should have been saved so far as of the end of last month as the "saved so far" amount, and then proceed with your normal contribution as of this month. Or you can not even contribute this month and also include this month's amount toward the "saved so far" amount. Either way, this seemed to get things moving in the right direction for you in the past. 😀

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.