TD Auto Finance and the neverending errors

Options
Gideunz
Gideunz Member
edited November 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Since I started using Simplify a year ago, they have been unable to consistently connect to TD Auto Finance. The current "Care" code is FDP-101. In April, they started posting this as a known issue with the claim they were working on it and had no ETA for the issue being resolved. Since then, they've updated that post multiples times saying the same thing is thing. At this point, it's clearly a lie; there's no way they could have been "working" on the issue for six months and gotten nowhere. Does anyone have a better understanding of why Quicken and TD can't connect on something as simple as this? [removed - disruptive]? If this was a free service, I'd care less, but you're charging us money and can't provide accurate or believable information on failures of the service.

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have an answer, but I will say that where I am (geographically), TD Bank is a pretty big name bank. I used to bank with them when they were called CommerceBank, but I left them in 2008 when I was elsewhere in the country without a branch available (they're now closing some branches near home as well). I currently have a 'Samsung Financing' account from TD Bank as well (no balance at the moment), which is also unsupported in Simplifi (Somewhat related, I can access the account through my chase.com 'external accounts' which lets me see balances and transactions outside of chase, similar to simplifi.)

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Gideunz, we apologize for the ongoing issues with TD Auto Finance!

Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of insight to provide when it comes to online banking issues like this. It is an issue that we're aware of, and our engineering team is currently working with our service provider to resolve it. They may also need to utilize the bank to resolve the issue, adding a third party to the mix. With that, these types of occurrences can take varying time frames to resolve.

In the meantime, I'd suggest following our Alert for updates; as soon as any new information or a solution becomes available, we'll be sure to post an update accordingly.

You might also consider contacting the bank directly to help make them aware of the issue.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• WVMtnYeti
    WVMtnYeti Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

6 Months seems like a long time to resolve this issue.

• WVMtnYeti
    WVMtnYeti Member ✭✭
    Options

I receive the following when trying to add TD.

"We are unable to connect to TD Auto Finance at this time.
    Care Code: FDP-101"

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@WVMtnYeti, thanks for letting us know!

I'm sorry you're also experiencing issues with TD Auto Finance in Quicken Simplifi. It looks like the 101 errors are an emerging issue and the Alert has been updated accordingly. Once any news or a resolution becomes available, we'll be sure to update the Alert accordingly, so please be sure to follow along there.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.