Target RedCard Not Refreshing (Finicity)

Options
cgarcia36
cgarcia36 Member

I just recently switched to Mint and it seems like my Target RedCard is not syncing without having to remove and re-add my account, which is a pain. Compared with Mint, my RedCard would show up with my most recent transactions within a day or two after weekends, but that isn't the case with Simplifi. Is this a known issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@cgarcia36, thanks for reaching out!

I'm not aware of any known issues with Target Red Card. To clarify, is the issue that transactions aren't downloading? If so, have you noticed any connection issues with the account under Settings > Accounts, like an error or the account showing as disconnected? Also, have you tried resetting the connection instead of deleting and re-adding the account?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• cgarcia36
    Options

Hi there! Correct, without completely removing and re-adding my Target account, I'm not able to see new transactions. I've tried refreshing and trying to reset the connection never seems to work (might be an error on the Target end) and once I get to the verification code, Simplifi says I've entered it wrong even though the code is definitely correct. I tried this 10-12x yesterday and multiple times a week ago, and the only solution that's worked is deleting and readding the account, which unfortunately defeats the purpose of using Simplifi.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just to make sure, are you aware it won't refresh more than about once every 4-5 hours? I say that because you mention 10-12x/day which wouldn't normally be "possible". You can tell when it syncs because the refresh (*spinning icon) takes much longer.

Rob Wilkens

• cgarcia36
    Options

I tried resetting my connection, not refreshing, 10-12x yesterday.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cgarcia36, thanks for posting back!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it looks like you're using the option listed as "Target Credit Card" in Quicken Simplifi. Since this is a Red Card, can you give the "Target Red Card" option a try, please?

If the issue persists, please take a look over the troubleshooting steps outlined in our missing transactions article to make sure no potential culprits were missed. You'll want to do so when transactions are actively missing: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Additionally, we wouldn't recommend resetting the connection for an account that many times. If you need to reset the connection for something, if doing so once doesn't clear things up, you wouldn't need to try again; multiple resets can actually end up causing further issues.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• cgarcia36
    Options

Hi there - I do really appreciate the detailed follow up. However, there is no option that appears when I search for an institution called "Target Red Card", there's just "Target Credit Card" in the Add Account section, nothing else (I've since renamed it to Target Red Card, but the issue persists).

I have a Target transaction from Thursday 11/16 of $22.61 that shows up on my Mint account but not my Simplifi account. This is very frustrating since I shop at Target frequently and never had this issue on Mint. I effectively cannot trust my spending plans on Simplifi and am considering changing my Target account to a manual account if this issue persists.

I have tried looking at everyone of those "Missing Transactions" tutorials and none of them are issues my account is facing. Something is just wrong with Simplifi's connection to Target and, if it's only a problem for me, it should be a lot clearer about to get my Target account to sync without having to remove and re-add my account after every transaction. According to my Target account and Mint, my balance with pending should be $387.95, not $365.34.

As for resetting my connection, I did not actually reset it. My Simplifi account would NOT let me reset my connection to Target. I would get a security code form Target on my phone or email and it would time out or say it is wrong.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like this is another instance of a new account (which "very few" accounts were connected to) being connected to the Fincity connections. This is the second time I've seen this kind of thing (both in the past week or two)… @Coach Natalie will know more about this than I do (I don't work for Quicken/Simplifi)…

I have the 'original' connection type, and when I search 'tar' a bunch of cards comes up, red card first:

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cgarcia36, thanks for giving that a try and letting me know!

Yes, it looks like the issue is that you're set up on our Finicity aggregator. I don't yet have access to the Finicity tools and am not sure how to help, so I have passed this along so we can look further into it for you. Once we obtain more info/find a resolution, @Coach Blake will be reaching out to assist. 😄

We appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi there @cgarcia36, We are in the process of escalating your issues with the Target Red Card not updating. I just need the following details:

1. What is the date of the last transaction you see in Simplifi for this account?
    2. Can you give me the date and amount of 3 recent transactions that are not showing?

If you prefer to share any of this info privately, feel free to send it via a DM to me.

Thank you
    Coach Blake

• cgarcia36
    Options

Hi Blake, I ended up switching my Target Red Card account to manual because I need to track my budget and the issues were becoming too much of a hassle. Is there a way this could be looked into? Or do I need to re-setup my Red Card account?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cgarcia36, if you could re-add/connect the account under "Target Credit Card" and then provide the information requested by Blake, we'll be able to get it escalated. If the account stops downloading new transactions as it's done in the past, instead of deleting and re-adding it and continuing to go through that hassle, you can just manually enter the transactions as you are now, while still leaving it connected to the bank.

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

-Coach Natalie

• cgarcia36
    Options

Trying to add my Target account again and I can't even get it to add. The security code I receive over email from Target is considered "invalid" by Simplifi.

• Coach Blake
    Options

Thank you for the update @cgarcia36. I have included the error code that you are getting with the original issue of the account not updating automatically. I do not have a ETA on when I will hear back but the escalation has been submitted. I appreciate your willingness to help us with troubleshooting and your patience while we get this resolved for you.

Thank you,

Coach Blake

• Coach Blake
    edited December 2023
    Options

@cgarcia36 Good morning! We are being asked to have you try Target Credit Card again. Please, delete the previous MFA emails before attempting. Please, let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

Coach Blake

• cgarcia36
    Options

I keep trying, but now I'm getting this error. I can't even get the security code to send to me.

• Coach Blake
    Options

@cgarcia36 I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. When you are trying to get the code are you going through the +ADD option to add it as a new connection to link it or are you going through your settings to reset the connection?

Thank you,
    Coach Blake

• cgarcia36
    Options

I converted my previous Target account to a manual account because I still need to track my expenses. In doing so, I can't change it back to a normal automatic account and reset my connection. So I'm going through the add account workflow.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@cgarcia36 If you go through the add account workflow, at some point after it detects the account, you can either add it or link it to an existing (manual) account. You have the choice then.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cgarcia36, were you able to get the account added, whether linked to the existing manual account or added as a new account?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• cgarcia36
    Options

Hi there, thanks for your help and suggestions but so far there is absolutely no method that has let me add my Target Red Card account as a "normal" account. I have tried now for weeks to re-add my account but I always receive a 331 or 187 error.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cgarcia36, thanks for posting back!

To confirm, you are using the option listed as "Target Credit Card" still, correct? Please provide us with the following data:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

-Coach Natalie

• cgarcia36
    Options
    • Thanks, Natalie! Yes, literally the only option I can see is Target Credit Card, not Red Card. I truly believe this is an issue with Fincity even accessing my account at this point.
    • 1. Yes, my last transaction was on Dec 4, 2023.
    • 2. There isn't really a name for this account as it appears on the Target Red Card site? It's just "Manage my RedCard"?
    • 3. The URL is https://rcam.target.com/Secure#/. This isn't a bank, but my current balance should be $199.44. I am not comfortable taking a screenshot. I have two transactions from December, one that's an automated payment to pay off my balance of -$304.53 on Dec 5 and another of $41.42 on Dec 4.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cgarcia36, thanks!

For number three, you can redact any private info from the screenshot. Our team just needs to see the account listed and the URL that's used after signing in on the bank's website. You can DM it to me if you prefer as well. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I am having the exact same issue as above (error code 187) as a new user and am unable to connect my red card. Does this issue have a resolution?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@A Deutscher, thanks for reaching out!

We need to gather some more details from you as follows:

1. Which bank option are you selecting in Quicken Simplifi to add the account?
    2. Is Quicken Simplifi asking you to complete MFA? If so, do you receive the code?
    3. What MFA method are you using (SMS, call, etc.)? Have you tried using a different method if possible?
    4. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    5. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

1. I am using the "Target Credit Card" option, as shown below.

2. Yes, it asks and yes I receive the code.

3. I have tried both SMS and email. Each time, I enter the code exactly as written and it gives me the error.

4. Yes, plenty of activity.

5. There is no account name, it's just the homepage with my RedCard number (see screenshot below)

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@A Deutscher, thank you for providing the requested info!

@Coach Blake went ahead and got a ticket filed for this; we'll let you know when we hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

DSS-128787

• cgarcia36
    cgarcia36 Member
    Options

Hi there - confirming this is the same issue I'm experiencing as A Deutscher, including the screenshots and all the errors they've experienced.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cgarcia36, thanks for letting us know!

In order to submit an escalation for you, we'd need to obtain fresh data, as well as data from you personally. With that, please provide the following:

• Is Quicken Simplifi asking you to complete MFA when connecting to 'Target Credit Card'? If so, do you receive the code?
    • What MFA method are you using (SMS, call, etc.)? Have you tried using a different method if possible?
    • A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@A Deutscher, thanks for your patience as this was being worked on!

We heard back from Finicity and they stated that they've implemented a fix, so please give it another try and let us know how it goes. 🤞

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.