This discussion was created from comments split from:

Why Bill Connect Fails

Tagged:

Comments

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Who is the service provider, for Bill Connect. I'd like to work with them to resolve the problems, specifically the one demonstrated below.

@Crownmountain how did you get it to work, were you afforded an option to enter the verification code?

Did you even receive the code?

Possibly MFA is turned off on your account but not mine? I just checked and mine was showing what you see below…yet in order to view these settings I had to provide the verification code sent to my email. I may have to contact T-Mobile to turn off MFA, because it sure appears to be on despite showing otherwise.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• Crownmountain
    Options

Phil,

I selected add in the bills section of the spending plan. Did a search for the T-Moble bill in the transactions. Selected it. Was then presented with a screen to select a biller (this was not the same screen used for account selection like your bank). I selected T-Mobile. Entered all the information including the MFA code. And it was done. I think your issue is trying to add it as an account vs as a biller is your issue. I tried adding it as an account and I got the same result you did. Did it as a bill in the spending plan and it worked.

Hope that helps

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Crownmountain @Coach Natalie

Unfortunately, it did not. I tried it six ways to Sunday…following your detailed instructions, but nothing work same result…no opportunity to enter verification code.

It would be extremely helpful if the anonymous "Service Provider" who is being blamed for this problem, would provide information and explanation on the process of connecting to a biller.

I even tried changing my verification method for Simplifi /Quicken ID, from SMS to Email…thinking that maybe it would mix things up…but made no difference.

I'm trying to find a way to add the Biller from the Andriod mobile app, on The Google flagship Pixel 8 Pro…and it still doesn't give an option to add it…just spins, see below.

Curious to know where you were when you made this work? Web app, or Mobile app?

I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had an option to enter verification codes for any other billers…and which app?

Can anyone add billers from mobile app, if so, how?

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Philk, we use BillGo for Bill Connect. However, you wouldn't work with them on the issue; instead, you'd report the issue to us so we can file a ticket with them. But, of course, you are welcome to reach out to them as well if you'd like.

With that, though, any time a message stating "We're working on linking [Biller]…" is presented, this means that the Biller is not currently supported/there are syncing issues and we typically don't escalate these instances. However, since @Crownmountain was able to get connected, I went ahead and filed a ticket for this issue so we can receive confirmation from our service provider. I'll let you know when I hear back.

If you're experiencing any issues outside of the issue connecting to T-Mobile as a Biller, such as the Spending Plan spinning endlessly on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, you'll want to create a separate post to outline the separate issue and we'd be happy to help out.

Also, here are our Bill Connect articles with the steps and info we have regarding this service:

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4993562-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills-on-the-mobile-app

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Crownmountain
    Options

Not sure what to say. Did the same process for AMEX it worked on one account and failed on another AMEX account. Is it perhaps buggy? Try using a browser in private mode see if it is different.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Philk, the escalation already came back stating: "We are currently experiencing issues syncing T-Mobile accounts at this time. I'm afraid that we don't have an ETA on a resolution for this, but I can assure you that this is currently a priority of our development team."

Sorry for not having better news for you, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Thanks for your transparency! I have installed the Billgo's App and was able to connect to a number of billers successfully, however many of them are not performing any better than T-Mobile at fetching the data I seek. Several required 2FA, and performed this task as expected…something that Simplifi has yet to do for me, which is concerning, and completely erodes my confidence in developing a long-term relationship with Simplifi.

Most financial institutions use 2FA, and I expect to see it work in Simplifi…even if it fails to get the data, after a successful 2FA process, as the example below shows, and confirms your finding as well.

-Phil-

This discussion has been closed.