PNC Bank - Account needs Attention... AGAIN! (edited)

Options
32167 Member
edited January 9 in Troubleshooting

At least once per month, Simplifi cannot update transactions for one or more of my accounts. If the failure occurs on a Friday, it's seldom fixed before Monday. This has become tiresome. I have not deduced whether the faults lie with Intuit or the bank. Are there any users who do not have frequent problems connecting to their accounts via Direct Connect? Are there any banks with which these connections work reliably?

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @32167

Sorry you are having this problem. I bank with Wells Fargo, CapitalOne, Chase, Citi, Synchrony, Bank of America and a couple of investment firms. Very seldom do I have connection problems and the few times it has happened, in my recollection, they have resolved on their own rather quickly. But based on other comments there do seem to be some banks and institutions that have problems.

Wells Fargo just changed to a new type of connection and I had the go through a reconnect process with them but once reconnected the connection appears to be stable.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
    32167 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

A little further today. Now, when I select the option to "reconnect" the account, the popup window lists all the accounts, but when I select either "all accounts" or the one account I want to "reconnect," quicken/simplifi informs me,

"You have already added all your accounts at this bank." The Accounts list shows this account as disconnected.

So I deleted the account from quicken/simplify. Then, I attempted to re-add the account. Unfortunately quicken/simplifi reports "You have already added all your accounts at this bank."

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you get to the screen that says you’ve already added all accounts go ahead and click on proceed at the bottom of the window. This should take you to the next screen where you can associate WF accounts with the appropriate account in Q-Simplifi. In this screen make sure you toggle on “Link to one or more existing accounts.” This will allow you to select what accounts to link to. Since you deleted one of your accounts you should be able to recreate that account here also. Hope that helps.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • I’m so mad as I try to type this out again because I was responding to your comment and then it made me login again and it erased the whole thing. Long story short: Was trying to say I’m having the same problem and it ends up giving me a 4044 (or similar I can’t remember) error code. I saw another post with someone with that error code trying to link Wells Fargo (I’m trying to do chase) and Simplifi had responded they were working on it but didn’t know when the problem would be fixed.

32167 Member
    Options

"When you get to the screen that says you’ve already added all accounts go ahead and click on proceed at the bottom of the window."

There is no option to proceed. The options are to RETRY or to CANCEL.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@32167, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, although the bank you're selecting is listed as "PNC Bank - Direct Connect", Quicken Simplifi doesn't actually support the Direct Connect connection method (you can learn more about this here). With that, however, it does appear that PNC Bank uses the EWC+ (OAuth API) connection method, so it sounds like you're being prompted to reauthorize your accounts through them. Have you tried the "PNC Bank - Web Connect" option in Quicken Simplifi to see if you get better results, by chance?

When it comes to the "you’ve already added all accounts" message, you can resolve the by following these steps:

1. Make the accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Go back through the Add Account flow to connect to PNC Bank.
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

@Kaity & Anthony, since it sounds like you're experiencing a different issue, you'd want to create a separate post to better outline the issue in accordance with our guidelines here.

-Coach Natalie

32167 Member
    Options

Thank you, @Coach Natalie for the suggestion.

Note that "…I deleted the account from quicken/simplify. Then, I attempted to re-add the account. Unfortunately quicken/simplifi reports "You have already added all your accounts at this bank." " There is no option for me to make the account manual - it has been deleted. I suspect the data in simplifi was not physically deleted, but only marked for deletion or logically deleted (ie: hidden).

I can add a manual account, but I cannot link the manual account to the PNC data feed. Simplifi omits this account from the list of accounts that can be linked.

So, can you or your DBA physically delete the account so I re-try adding it or linking is to a manual account?

PM me to discuss how we might proceed.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@32167, please navigate to Settings > Accounts to see if you have a financial institution listed for PNC Bank. If you do not, I'd suggest attempting to re-add the account using a different browser or in incognito mode.

Alternatively, if you'd like to troubleshoot this issue privately as opposed to in the Community, you can contact our Support Team directly and they'd be happy to assist: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.