Option to quick-add a transaction from the Dashboard [edited]

tomlutz
tomlutz Member
edited April 5 in Feature Requests

Please add a way of quickly adding a transaction from the home page of the app. Having to go into the MENU to go into ALL TRANSACTIONS to eventually find the blue PLUS button is too much.

Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@tomlutz Thanks for that suggestion! There is a "+" (plus) button at the top of the Accounts listing, for both the mobile app and the web, but that's a shortcut to adding an account, not adding a transaction. Putting a "create new transaction" button on the main dashboard of the mobile app would, of course, require a dropdown that lets you choose the account you want to add the item to. I'm interested in seeing how many other users cast their votes for this suggestion.

• tomlutz
    tomlutz Member

You wouldn't need a drop down screen BEFORE you create the TRANSACTION BOX, you could include the drop down box WITHIN the TRANSACTION BOX. I believe that this request shouldn't have been an issue and probably should've been a CONVENIENT FEATURE that was implemented upon the birth of this program. It's a given with an app such as yours, which by the way is AWESOME, but in need of MINOR tweaks. You by far are offering the best Financial System available, but seriously need some minor tweaks to make it the BEST! I'm one of the COMMON people using your product for personal needs and am SERIOUSLY looking to veer from Microsoft Money Sunset, but it is such a great software that got left behind with the times. But it is a GREAT example for the features your lacking. I'm not convinced I will be paying for your program yet, it's not complete, but not far from being there either!

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@tomlutz Thanks again for your comments. I'm pleased that you're finding things about Simplifi that you like, and I appreciate the thought you've put into the suggestions you've made here in the Community. Our development team does read all of these discussions, and considers every suggestion made seriously.