Which Quicken product should I choose?

Options
GSeroka
GSeroka Unconfirmed, Member
edited January 16 in Getting Started

I'm trying to select a new budgeting tool for my family, since Mint is going away. Quicken has always had a good reputation and I'm leaning towards a subscription, but the plan comparisons are a little confusing. It seems like there are some simple features in Simplifi that are missing from the Deluxe and Premier versions. I'm willing to pay for a higher tier, but would like something that lets me create a customized budget that can be tailored over time (having the auto-generated spending plan sounds nice, but is not essential) while also having over/under budget amounts roll over from month to month and be able to ignore transactions. Reading the comparison chart, it doesn't look like there's a way to get all of these features. Is that correct?

Best Answer

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Deluxe" and "Premier" are the classic product. With those products, the primary data file is stored on your device; you can back it up, etc. Everything you do with it is on your device, except it does (I believe) offer an app, but you need to sync that periodically with your classic app, or information gets outdated.

"Simplifi" is cloud-based; it's a whole new product (well, relatively new) from the ground up. This works better, for example, if you use a mobile app or web browser to access your data - but on a computer, there is no 'app' to download; it's all on the internet.

What I'm saying is that "Deluxe" and "Premiere" aren't necessarily better (despite their name); those are old names for an older product.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.