Help transferring from savings to checking and back

Options
Debbie
Debbie Member

I am NOT using the feature that connects Quicken to my bank accounts. I need to manually move money from my Quicken Savings Account to my Quicken Checking account. I've read the directions and tried several times without success. I'm missing something because it doesn't work. Can someone please give me clear step-by-step directions on how to get this done? I've left 4 messages with the CALL ME number and no one returns my call.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Debbie

1. Go to your savings account register.
    2. Click on the (+) icon top right.
    3. Since you are in your Savings Account register the Account field should be prepopulated with Savings account information. If the account you are transferring money out of is not selected here, you will want to click the little down arrowhead and select the correct account.
    4. Since you are working with manual unconnected accounts, I the Status should be default be "Cleared." You can change this if desired to reflect the status of this transfer in your real world accounts if desired.
    5. Today's date should be in the Date field, but you can change if needed.
    6. In the Payee field enter whatever you want to identify the transfer.
    7. Amount field - enter amount of transfer.
    8. Category - Click on the little down arrowhead scroll to "Transfer" and that should show you a list of all your accounts. Select the checking account you want to transfer the money to.
    9. Add any tags if you want.
    10. Fill in Notes, add any Attachments if desired.
    11. Transfers typically default to be excluded from the Spending Plan and from Reports. I don't know if this is true for manually entered transfer transactions but check the "Exclude from:" options to make sure these selections reflect what you want. If you want the transfer excluded, you will want to click on the appropriate check box to select or deselect the options.
    12. Click on "Create"

When you create this transaction Simplifi should create a corresponding transaction in the receiving account. I'm interested to hear if you have success with this.

These are pretty much the steps outlined here but I didn't simple cut and paste. This is the process I follow if I ever need to create a manual transaction - a rare event for me.

Can I ask why you are not taking advantage of connecting your accounts? I'm just curious.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.