Updated account connection method for institution that includes a closed account

Options
ejs
ejs Member ✭✭

Simplifi alerted me that there is an improved account connection method for Citibank. Out of the several accounts I had connected to Citibank, one of them was closed (and marked as closed in Simplifi). Now that I updated the connection to Citibank, the closed account is broken out into its own separate connection with Citibank in my account settings and still has the prompt to reconnect using the updated connection method (which cannot be done, given that the account is closed). Here is a screenshot of my account settings as it appears now:

What is the best method to handle this? Is it to mark the entire connection with the institution as closed for the closed account (by clicking the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the first Citi box in the screenshot and selecting "marked as closed")?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ejs, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

How strange! I'd say that the quickest way to resolve this would be to make the account "manual", as this will completely disconnect it from the bank. I just tested this with a closed account in my own Quicken Simplifi, and although the account is now listed in the 'Manual Accounts' section under Settings, I still see that it's "closed".

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5321064-how-to-make-an-account-manual

Let us know if this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

This discussion has been closed.